Eimear Studios Community Rules of Conduct
We hope that you find the time you spend in Eimear Studios’ community Web sites to be useful and fun. To ensure that everyone has the best possible experience, we’ve established a few guidelines. Please take a moment to read them, and thank you for participating in the Eimear Studios community.
About E-mail Addresses and Privacy
Reducing Spam Associated with Posting to Online Communities: Due to a recent increase in “spam” (unsolicited junk mail, including advertisements and sometimes malicious mail containing viruses) sent to posters in newsgroups, Eimear Studios advises that newsgroup and community participants* should consider avoiding posting to newsgroups, forums, or other public forums using their real email address. Eimear Studios is also committed to continuing to address the issue of spam from a technological perspective.
To help avoid receiving unwanted messages (spam) in your regular e-mail account, you may not want to include your regular e-mail address when you post a question or reply to a post in a discussion group or other public forum. Instead you may want to do one of the following:
• Use a modified e-mail address: Use a different version of your e-mail address that others will understand, but that spam tools can’t automatically pick up. For example, if your actual e-mail address is “firstname.lastname@example.org”, consider using a modified e-mail address such as: “email@example.com”, “anonymous@REMOVE_CAPS_AND_INVALIDeim-games.com.invalid”, or “firstname.lastname@example.org.NO_SPAM”. In this case, the spam tools will send mail to an invalid e-mail address, and others will know to exclude the extra terms when they send you e-mail. When you post a question or reply to a discussion group, just enter your modified e-mail address in the appropriate box.
• Use a secondary e-mail account: Set up or use an e-mail account that is separate from your primary account for posting to discussion groups. When you post a question or reply to a discussion group, use your secondary account as your e-mail address.
Expectations of Service
Eimear Studios’ Role: Eimear Studios does not offer formal support for the communities you’ll find here. Instead, our role is to provide a platform for people who want to take advantage of the global community of Eimear Studios customers and product experts. Eimear Studios may monitor content to ensure the accuracy of the information you’ll find, but any information provided by Eimear Studios staff is offered “AS IS” with no warranties, and no rights are conferred. You assume all risk for your use.
Rules of Conduct
Appropriate Language: The purpose of our communities is to exchange technical information and expertise about Eimear Studios products. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.
Relevance to Topics: Please make sure that your postings in newsgroups and forums are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal for some topics to drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for everyone, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as possible.
Advertising/Solicitation: These communities were created as a forum for providing peer-to-peer assistance related to using Eimear Studios products and services. We ask that you refrain from posting unsolicited advertisements that do not pertain directly to the intended use and purpose of the newsgroup or forum.
Confidentiality: Please keep in mind that our communities are public spaces, so don’t post anything that you don’t want the world to see. Credit card numbers, product keys, and other confidential information, including anything covered under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), should not be posted to a newsgroup, forum, or other community.
Forum Code of Conduct
As part of Eimear Studios’ commitment to make Eimear Studios community Forum a great place to meet and interact with others around the world, you agree to abide by our code of conduct. Your commitment to these guidelines in all of your Eimear Studios community forums ensures a positive experience for all participants.
All activity on Eimear Studios Communities is also governed by the eim-games.com Terms Of Service.
• Please treat all other online participants with respect and do not use Eimear Studios Community Forums to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other users.
• Impersonating an Eimear Studios employee, agent, manager, host, or another user is forbidden.
• Do not use Eimear Studios Community Forums services to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post. Spamming and scrolling in forum rooms are serious violations of online etiquette.
• Eimear Studios does not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. You may not use Eimear Studios Community Forums to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or discussion. This includes, but is not limited to, child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, and harassment.
• You may not use Eimear Studios Community Forums for the purpose of linking to external sites that violate this code of conduct.
• Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user’s computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites.
• In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
• You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
• You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in the Eimear Studios Community Forums. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post.
• Eimear Studios reserves the right to ban any participant from the forum rooms for violating any of the rules above.
• Eimear Studios also reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
• We caution you against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as social security number, credit card number, name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, password, etc.) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
• You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on the Internet and Eimear Studios Community Forums.
Thank you for following this code of conduct and Eimear Studios Community Forums! We reserve the right to amend or change the code of conduct at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.