Welcome to the press kit page about Epicurus Unvorsum. This page contains any info you might need to post articles or become more informed about Epicurus Unvorsum. If you have any further questions or would like to request more information, please contact us with your request and we will make it available.
• Started in 2012 as a Flash ActionScript 3 game demo for interviews •
• Decided C# would be better for the game and switched May 2015 •
• Designed, developed, coded, and art by Kendra Corpier •
• Brent La Follette helped some code from March 2016 – May 2016 •
• Sound and Music by Larkin Shearer •
• Started with one person •
• Built in Unity 5.4 •
• 2D, Top Down Camera, Vertical movement, Arcade BulletHell, SHMUP •
• Uses mobile device’s Accelerometer, (tilt), to move the hero jet around the screen •
• Is an independently developed game •
• Released May 26, 2016 •
About Epicurus Unvorsum
Eimear Studios has announced its flagship game, Epicurus Unvorsum for Android mobile. The game is an arcade style, vertical SHMUP (shoot ’em up) game, with learning progression that uses the device’s accelerometer (tilt) for movement.
The accelerometer control system allows the player to tilt the device to move Kala’s jet around the screen and is set to auto fire. This system allows for better view of the mobile device’s screen and allows the player to be able to easily switch weapons and use power ups.
The gameplay’s learning progression is a little different than most arcade games. The learning progression will allow the player to naturally improve his or her skill level as the game gets harder throughout the game.
The release date was delayed from late February of 2016, and released on May 26, 2016. A new programmer, Brent, joined the development team to help finish the game.
Play Epicurus Unvorsum!