When you connect with Eimear Studios LLC, Eim-Games, Youngstown Game Developers, Monkey Wrench Custom Computer Gear, KC Indie Game Design, and all U.S. subsidiaries using the brand name Eimear Studios through our websites, products, services, or other online activities (our “Services”), we collect and handle information as we describe below, or through in-context notices. Your use of our Services constitutes your consent to these practices.
Information That We Collect or Receive
We collect and receive information from and about you by different means.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information that you directly provide to us, such as when you enter it on a web page or include it in an email that you send to us. This type of collection often occurs through our business support processes, such as:
- Registration or Account Creation Processes, where we ask you to provide information such as: Contact info (e.g. name, email or mailing address, or phone number); Account Administration Info (e.g. username, password, or security questions); Billing Info (e.g. credit card or other payment number, billing address); and Profile Info (e.g. profile photo, languages, likes)
- Purchase Processes, where we may ask you to provide your name, contact and billing info
- Technical and Customer Support Processes, where we may ask you to provide contact info and information related to the issue you are contacting us about.
In addition, we collect the information that you provide by entering it into certain Service features. For example, when you want to post in a forum, you provide us the content for the post (which could contain personally identifying information) which we collect and then display for you on the forum. Likewise, when you use other features such as voice or text messaging, blogs, surveys, user-generated content, activity streams, or social media, we may first collect the information you enter into the feature.
Automatic Information Collection
We may also automatically or passively collect information about your use of our Services. While the information collected in this manner is not typically personal information, we may combine it in ways that make it personally identifiable. When we do so, we will treat the combined information as personal information. For example, data collected in this manner may include:
- Web browsing, network or service usage data, such as browser type, internet service provider (ISP), IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data;
- Network connected hardware (e.g. computer, gaming console, or mobile device) data, such as a unique device identifier, type, model, version, error related data, status, capability, configuration, functionality, performance data, and connection type;
- Network connected software data, such as application utilization, gameplay, game or system video and audio, progress, utilization, performance, peripheral and device use, services requested and used, or content downloaded and viewed;
- Physical or geographic location data, such as country, region, city, or latitude and longitude. For example, to provide location-based game matching services, we may collect latitude and longitude.
- Advertising data, such as display frequency, duration, location, or viewing software, or identifier.
Technologies used in our Services to passively collect such information may include:
- Cookies. Small data files placed on a device’s hard drive.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons, (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included on our websites or in our e-mail messages.
- Embedded Scripts. Programming code that is temporarily downloaded onto a device, and is active only while you are connected to our website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
In addition, our Services may use a variety of other hardware or software specific technologies that automatically collect information. (For example, a location-based game might include technology that automatically determines the user’s location).
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may also supplement the information that we collect with information that we obtain from third parties. For example, if you link your Account on PSN (“Account”) to your game, social media, or other accounts, we may receive data from the providers of those accounts. Likewise, if other users give us access to their profiles, we may receive information about you if you are one of their connections or information about you is otherwise accessible through their profile. Alternatively, we may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties. We may combine the information we receive from these third parties with the information we directly collect, in which case we will handle it in accordance with this policy.
We use non-personally identifying information without restriction. We use personally identifying information (“PII”) in a number of ways.
First, we use PII for the purpose for which it was collected. For example, PII that you provide through any of our business support processes (including customer service) will be used to complete that process, and personal information entered by you through the features of our products and services will be used for the operation and delivery of those features.
Second, while we strive to minimize our use of PII, or otherwise anonymize or aggregate it before use, we may use personal information to:
- Send you marketing communications;
- Conduct demographic or aggregate studies for marketing, sales, planning, and business and product development;
- Provide requested products and services such as online video, music or video game services;
- Deliver contextual or targeted advertising;
- Understand and improve our Service operations and performance
- Assist in customer service and transactions
Security & Legal
Information Sharing and Disclosures
Information We Share
We may share your information, including your personal information, with other parties as follows:
- Eimear Studios. We may share your information within and among the Eimear Studios group of companies for purposes related to providing you with content, products, or services, including games, videos, music, software and software applications; community administration or development; to support various business processes; security; research and development; and so that other Eimear Studios companies may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- Law Enforcement, Judicial, Administrative, or Regulatory Disclosures. When we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure or that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property, safety, or security of ourselves or others.
- Business Transfers. In connection with the sale of the applicable business, a portion of the business, or certain stock and/or assets, or a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other corporate change including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Third Parties. With third parties (with whom we use reasonable efforts to obtain their agreement to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of any personal information we share with them), such as: Third party providers of products or services that you subscribe to or you access through our Services. For example, publishers of a game played on a network connected console may be provided your Account details (such as your PSN Online ID, country gender, age and “Friends” and block list) so they can operate their game; Third parties with whom we are jointly delivering services or features, such as sweepstakes, contests, promotions, or advertising. Third parties, who may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
Publicly Accessible Data & Eimear Studios Social Features
Certain elements of your personal information and certain information about your use of our Services are publicly accessible to other users of our Services. For example: other users of our Services will be able to see your Online ID; your profile picture (if you choose to upload a picture); and your user bio (if you choose to provide a bio). We may also publicly display other information derived from your activity on our Services.
Information You May Choose to Share
You have the option of sharing your personal information with the public or with third parties. For example,
- Sharing gameplay video or screenshots with third-party websites or the public through a ‘share’ button on your game system.
- Sharing information regarding your likes via ‘like’ buttons on our websites.
- Displaying your real name or photograph within games.
- Sharing your activities, including purchases, software used (e.g. games played), and content consumed (e.g. movies watched) with the public through activity feeds.
- You may share personal information with others through chat, text, email or communications features.
- You may follow a link provided on an Eimear Studios website to a third-party website.
If you choose to “share” content or to otherwise post information from or via our Services to a third-party website, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party website may have access to information about you and your use of our Services. Likewise, other users may use these same features to share information about you. We are not responsible for how you use or publish personal data through these or similar features, or how third parties use the features to share information.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT)
We are committed to respecting children’s privacy. We will not collect personal information from anyone we have actual knowledge is under the age of 13, without their parent’s consent. With parental consent, we will collect, use and share information collected from or about children in accordance with the practices described in this document.If you discover your child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us without your consent, once we verify you are the child’s parent, we will promptly: (a) provide direct notice to you indicating what, if any, personal information of your child has been collected and how it has been used or disclosed; (b) remove and cease the use of your child’s personal information or other information from our database and (c) by notice to you, confirm compliance with the foregoing.
In some cases, your choices to change or delete information you provide may affect our ability to deliver our Services or your user experience. We may decline to process requests which are not otherwise required by law. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your Account or use of our Services and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from marketing communications.
Consent to Transfer Information
Our Services are operated in the United States. Please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in this country and, as such, courts, law enforcement, and other authorities in this country may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your personal information. By using our Services or providing us with any information through them, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in these countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Security and Retention
We seek to maintain reasonable security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized or accidental disclosure, access, misuse, loss, or alteration. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. There is no such thing as perfect security. We may retain information about you as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where required by applicable law, we shall delete your information when the information is no longer necessary or requested to do so. Even if we delete your information from active databases, the information may remain on backup or archival media as well as other information systems.
Changes to this Policy
By Phone at:
By Mail at:
EIMEAR STUDIOS LLC CONSUMER SERVICES DEPARTMENT
270 WASHINGTON BLVD, #3
YOUNGSTOWN, OH 44512
Online: Eimear Studios Support
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve any complaint relating to the Privacy Shield frameworks, or if we fail to acknowledge your complaint in a timely fashion, you can submit your complaint to TRUSTe, which provides an independent third-party dispute resolution service based in the United States. TRUSTe has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. To learn more about TRUSTe’s dispute resolution services or to refer a complaint to TRUSTe, visit www.trustarc.com/consumer-resources/.‘>https://www.trustarc.com/consumer-resources/. If neither Eimear Studios nor TRUSTe resolves your complaint, you may pursue binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Panel, visit www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint.‘>https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint. You have the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. Please visit www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction‘>https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction for additional information.
Last Revised: 2018-05-21